Saturday, January 24, 2015

Ammunition Factory, Khadki invites applications for 273 Posts of Tradesman (Semi–Skilled)

Recruitment for 273 Posts of SemiSkilled Tradesman in Ammunition Factory, Khadki.
Ammunition Factory Khadki came into being on 16th December 1869 as a Small Arms manufacturing unit of the British Government. Regular production of ammunition cartridge using gun powder for Sniders Rifle and Henry Martini Rifle commenced in 1872. In 1886, manufacture of Cartg 0.303" magazine rifle was established using cordite (made from nitrocellulose and nitroglycerine paste) propellant. In 1914 there was an expansion of manufacturing facilities at Ammunition Factory Khadki & different types of primary explosives like mercury fulminate, lead azide, lead styphnate and filling of caps, detonators, percussion fuzes & different pyrotechnique stores were introduced at Ammunition Factory Khadki for meeting the requirements of war in Asia & Africa.